FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Regarding Hunter Douglas Products
1. You'll find detailed cleaning instructions for all Hunter Douglas products inside the Our Products section on the Hunter Douglas website or by downloading the Care & Cleaning brochure below. Additional high-level information is provided on the Care & Cleaning page on the Hunter Douglas website.
2. For warranty and/or repair service on Hunter Douglas products, contact the dealer from whom you purchased the product. The dealer will work with the fabricator who assembled the product to promptly repair and/or replace any defective parts or components.
If your dealer is no longer in business or you inherited your window coverings (perhaps they came with your new home) and need to find a local Hunter Douglas dealer, visit Where to Buy on the Hunter Douglas website to find a dealer near you. If you are in the Seattle area, you can contact The Blind Alley in Bellevue.
3. Hunter Douglas Inc. warrants that its Hunter Douglas brand window fashion products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for as long as the original retail purchaser owns the product. For more warranty details, visit Warranty Inquiries on the Hunter Douglas website.
4. We recommend you contact your local Hunter Douglas dealer to arrange for a professional to measure your windows, if you'd like to do it yourself, below are some general guidelines:
The ordered width should ensure a precise fit for the headrail and allow proper operation of the shade. If widths in the window vary, order the minimum width if necessary to allow the shade to raise and lower properly.
The ordered height should ensure clean operation at the base of the window as well as provide maximum privacy and light control. Be sure the window opening is deep enough to install the mounting bracket.
5. All Hunter Douglas products are designed with safety in mind, and provide standard or optional safety features. If you select a window treatment from one of our Product Portfolios, you'll see information about what lifting systems and motorization options are available for that product. Also, you can visit our Safety page for information about Hunter Douglas' innovative safety features.
6. You can see your favorite window coverings up close - in any available color, fabric or material - by visiting the Hunter Douglas iMagine Design Center. Once you access the tool, you can see virtually all Hunter Douglas product lines and easily change colors, fabrics and materials, even opacities, and also zoom in and out to see the fine detail. It is located on the Hunter Douglas home page at the very top.
8. When you select a Hunter Douglas product from one of our Product Portfolios, you'll be able to see what levels of energy efficiency, UV protection, privacy and lighting control are available for that treatment.
9. Motorization, remote control, and innovative manual lifting systems are available for many Hunter Douglas window treatments. If you select a window treatment in our Product Portfolios, you'll see information about what lifting systems are available for that product. Also, you can visit the Easy Operation page for information about all Hunter Douglas lifting systems.
10. Hunter Douglas color selections are represented in the Hunter Douglas sample books. Contact The Blind Alley in Bellevue, a Hunter Douglas Gallery for a current selection. Or visit the Hunter Douglas Dealer Locator to find an authorized dealer near you.
11. Hunter Douglas' Duolite shades offer maximum light control by using two separate fabric panels to achieve a "day/night" level of convenience, providing limitless options for privacy and light control. Products available with the Duolite feature include Alustra Duette, Duette and Applause honeycomb shades.
12. The AlustraŽ Collection is an exclusive collection of Hunter Douglas window fashions. From luminous sheers to stylish textures, innovative lifting systems to decorative details, this collection provides inspirational options for individuals looking to express a unique interior design style. Visit the Alustra Collection online experience to learn more.
13. Hunter Douglas Duette Architella is similar to the standard Duette honeycomb shade except that it has an inner layer of fabric - what we call "honeycomb within a honeycomb construction." This new design offers many benefits, including superior energy efficiency and a softer look and feel. The extra layer of fabric also gives the color of the shade a richer appearance, as it prevents bright sunlight from washing out the exterior fabric color. The original Duette honeycomb shade offers various opacities, a wide array of fabric and color options in single, double or triple honeycomb cells.
14. Information regarding the different Hunter Douglas lifting systems is available on the Easy Operation page on the Hunter Douglas website. You can also contact The Blind Alley in Bellevue for more details about the lifting systems in which you are interested.
15. A number of Hunter Douglas products have recently been certified as safe for Children and Schools and for indoor air quality by the Greenguard Environmental Institute. Click here for more information.
Or view Hunter Douglas Custom Window Coverings in the privacy of your home with one of our Window Fashion Designers.
To view more information regarding Hunter Douglas Custom Window Coverings visit the Hunter Douglas website.
Hunter Douglas Inc., headquartered in Pearl River, NY, is the leading manufacturer of custom window coverings in North America.
To learn more about The Blind Alley visit our Company Profile.